Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Received call from ( 703 394 0777 )informing me that I had

Customer Question

Received call from ***** ***** ((###) ###-####)informing me that I had won the allure sweep stakes. Gave me the name Victoria Fields in FTC to call ((###) ###-####) about more information . Subsequently received a form for registration. Requested $4050 to pay for documents
Neither Garcia or Fields would send me an email
Almost certainly a scam??
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

There is no almost about it. This is a complete fraud.

Do not send them any money. Do not speak to them any further. The FTC has nothing to do with the disbursement of contest winning, and the number you have been given will get you to a confederate of the scammers and not to a Federal agent.

Scammers want you to believe that you can be picked out of thin air and become a contest winner. You can't. You must always enter a contest to win it.

Lottery winners are paid out of the proceeds of lottery tickets. If you don't buy your ticket you can't win, and you must present a valid ticket to claim your winnings. US lottery tickets cannot be sold on line. It's against Federal law. You must buy them in person from agents at specially designated locations.

Sweepstakes winners must complete an entry form and sign up for the contest. Sweepstakes also require you to submit your half of the entry form as proof before you can claim your prize. Your half of the form matches the information the company has on the other half. Without proof of entry, you can't win.

Finally, when you win a real contest, the money already belongs to you. So you NEVER have to pay anything up front to receive something that's already yours.

In any legitimate contest, if there were indeed any transfer expenses, the contest would simply deduct it from your money which they already have and just give you a check for the rest. The up front fee is the #1 sign of a contest scam.

Since they claim to be a US contest, report them to the FBI online at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.