Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

I have met a guy online he's from Kentucky but is

Customer Question

I have met a guy online he's from Kentucky but is working in Nigeria decorating the Governors house he claims he us buying a oil well and she'll will drill it for him he has the money to pay for that but needs help because he has to pay the community to look after the well with security is this a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, it's a scam. Virtually any time you meet someone claiming to be a U.S./Canadian/UK citizen working in Nigeria, it's a scam. There just aren't that many job opportunities in the area, and very few people for those countries are looking for work in such a poor area right now. The fact that they're asking for money only cements it. Any time you meet someone online who is pretending to be interested in you and is asking for money, or is asking you to invest in companies in Africa, RUN in the other direction. These areas are notorious for running these types of scams. They'll keep asking for more and more money until you have nothing left, then they'll ask you to borrow more from friends and relatives. You'll never get anything in return.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?