Nick-FraudExaminer
Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations
93685840

Person is derrick starling want to send me a suitcase with

Customer Question

person is derrick starling want to send me a suitcase with 1.5 million dollars and his major gen peter fuller also made a profit from these gun sales in afghanistan he wants to send the money to me (DERRICK) wants to send the money to me
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the Certified Fraud Examiner who will be assisting you today.

I'm reviewing your question now, working on a reply, and I'll be back shortly with your answer.

If you would prefer to chat on the phone or communicate through email, please let me know and I can make that happen.

In regards ***** ***** question, I wish I had better news for you but I can confirm for you that this is a military scam. This is a common scam that takes place where you meet someone online who claims to be in the military (in this case the US Army) and who claims to be stationed overseas (in this case Afghanistan). This person will be very nice and charming and after some time chatting, the two of you become close.

Over time, this person claiming to be a member of the military will genuinely gain your trust and seem to be a very good person. He may even send you some pictures of him in a miliary uniform to further confirm that he is really in the military.

After some time passes however, this person will all of a suddenly get into some kind of trouble or have a problem. That is where the scam comes in. They will have some excuse that seems to be legitimate but in fact it is a way for them to con you into sending money to them. In this case the scammer is using the excuse that he made a profit from gun sales. He claims that he wants to send you this suitcase with $1.5 Million dollars from these gun sales because he trusts you.

Now what will happen next is that he will claim that the shipment of this suitcase has somehow got held up in customs in some country while in transit to you. He will claim that the only way for customs to release the shipment of the $1.5 Million dollars will be for you to send him some money through an unregulated wire transfer service such as Western Union or Moneygram.

Once you send that money, you will never see it again. And then the scammer will keep coming up with additional reasons why you need to send more money to get the shipment released such as they are threatening to throw him in jail if you don't send more money or he has become very sick and needs you to send money right away so he can obtain medical care.

My advice is stop all further contact with this person. DO NOT SEND HIM ANY MONEY for any reason whatsoever. My advice would be to politely tell them that you are aware this is a scam and that you are no lomger interested in speaking with him. Tell him to no longer contact you.

There is no reason for you to worry because this person is only interested in your money. He does not have your address and doesn't really care about your address because he was never going to send any suitcase in the first place.

The US Army has put out a warning about similar scams to this, please see this eye opening article: https://www.army.mil/article/67457/

If they continue to harass you, you can report them and all of the details about the attempted scam at the FBI's Internet Crime Center.

I hope this answer has helped you and I truly wish you the best of luck. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask me for clarification and I will be happy to answer.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you ACCEPT MY ANSWER using the TOP THREE HAPPY FACES OR STARS and then SUBMIT. Even after you accept my answer, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost.

Good Evening, I noticed you were able to view the answer I prepared for you yesterday. Do you need any further information or clarification?

If so, please reply here on this question thread.

My main goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with your answer. I look forward to hearing from you.