Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

I met someone on line he said he was in the gold biznez and

Customer Question

Hello I met someone on line he said he was in the gold biznez and went to Malasia to buy gold. Then when he was on the way to the air port and was invlved in an accedent. He said he would be traveling back with this diplomat and since he is in the hospital and the diplomat is coming alone and he wants me to go with him to a place a diposatory or something untill he gets out of the hospital and gets back in two weeks. Does this sound fishey? Does a diplomat have to bring the gold into the country.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma.

This is a VERY common scam. There are far more people on the internet claiming to have access to gold mines in foreign countries than there are gold mines located throughout the world. They just want you to send them money to "help" them transfer the gold to a foreign country. But that never happens. They make more and more promises, but they never travel anywhere with you, and they keep coming up with more reasons you have to send them money. The entire story is a lie.

Did you have any other questions about this?