Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Ordered glasses online from never received them or

Customer Question

ordered glasses online from never received them or any replies to my email...are they legit?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago. is a legitimate company but they don't sell glasses. Are you sure that you gave me the correct website?

How did you learn about this company? How (check, credit card, etc.) did you pay for the glasses?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I was hoping to hear from you by now, because is not a company that makes glasses. They manufacture computer software. So either you got the website wrong or you were dealing with a scammer who is using the name of a legitimate company to commit fraud.

However, here are the steps you can take:

Since trying to contact the company hasn't resolved your problem, your next step would be to try to contact your bank or credit card carrier. Tell them you never received the product from the company and ask them to do a chargeback.

From there, you can reach out to the Better Business Bureau and lodge a consumer complaint against the company. You can do that right on the BBB's website at The BBB will try to intervene on your behalf and to resolve your problem if the company is willing to work with them. Not only that they will do it for free.

After that if the BBB cannot help you, you can involve the various US government agencies that protect consumers by filing formal consumer complaint reports. You would want to file one with your State Attorney General's Office. You can also involve our Federal consumer protection regulatory agency, the Federal Trade Commission by filing a similar consumer complaint with them also, at

You also can sue for fraud or breach of contract in civil. Since that's a very expensive proposition for a pair of glasses, you should consider sue the company in small claims court for the return of your money. You can do that for yourself without having to pay any legal fees.

Those are your legal options.

If the company is an out and out scam, unfortunately, then you won't be able to find them to sue them, and you would have to involve the police and the FBI. The only way you would recover your money would be if the authorities can find out where your scammer really is and bring him to justice. You could report the scam to your local police and to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center.

If they are scammers and you used a credit or debit card, you'd want to cancel that card and take precautions against identity theft.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.