Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I get a lot of mail from NY, Kansas, ark. florida hong kong

Customer Question

I get a lot of mail from NY, Kansas, ark. florida hong kong Netherlands, dmus stating I won money, I also get phone calls are they all scams. are there any legitimate sweepstakes. I have also been offered bmw cars or Mercedes.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

International lotteries are illegal, so any time you receive a solicitation about lottery winnings involving a foreign country you are dealing with a scam. Advance fees are never required to collect lottery winnings, so any time you are asked to send a dime to anyone in order to collect winnings, you are also dealing with a scam. Lastly, you must enter a lottery in order to win. So, if you don't recall having purchased a ticket, you are again dealing with a scam.

What has happened to you here is you have been put on a scammer's list. Basically, scammers keep list of people they think they can fool, usually people who have responded to previous scam solicitations in the past or people they have victimized in the past. They think they have a high probability of tricking you again and so they keep contacting you and re-contacting you under different guises with different attractive offers.

It's safe for you to ignore ALL of them. Only a handful of people in the world win lotteries every year. The odds are hundreds of thousands to one that the next time you are contact about lottery winnings you are being contacted by same scammers who keep trying to trick you again and again, rather than that you are being contacted about real lottery winnings. Again, remember to warning signs described above.

Exercise extreme caution here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.