Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

How do I know that I am not being set up Disabily fraud.

Customer Question

How do I know that I am not being set up for SS Disabily fraud. This person called on Friday and said that they were from SS. That I qualify SS Disabily. They had my SS number, my home address and birthday. They ask for my birthplace and my mother and father name, which I gave them. They ask for my driver license, but I did not give. They also ask about opening a bank account to put money in. I told them I did not have funds to open an account. Also that would to call them back to give info on my driver license, I did not have it with me. I have not called back because I know that this was not right. What should I do now.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

As you already know that the government doesn't make unsolicited phone calls to tell you that you are entitled to benefits, and they would never pry for all of that personal information (they would already have it) or ask you to pay money to open up a bank account, I certainly don't have to convince you that you're being scammed.

It was wise of you to open up a fraud alert. From there, however, block the phone number so these scammers will not bother you again. Report the fraud to the FBI online at, their Internet Crime Complaint Center and to the Federal Trade Commission at and your state Attorney General's Office.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.