Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Please send any fraud or scam information on a company Veil

Customer Question

Please send any fraud or scam information on a company Veil Consulting, Response.com
They are selling "education" to a family member for $25,000
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Please tell me how you learned about this company? What specifically have they promised to do for you? What do you mean by "selling education?"

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There was a 3 day seminar in Phila offering an introduction to buying and selling real estate. This was not free and I did not attend but it sounds like they are providing not much for too much money.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Thank you.

Response Marketing Group is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and is A+ rated. You can read the review about them here on the BBB website. The BBB has been aware of them since 2013 and has only had one complaint about them in all of that time.

Response is a reputable company that offers seminars and training in several areas of endeavors. That said, most of the short term seminars held by companies such as this one are basically teases for a more intensive hands-on course of study and training. There is no way that attending a three-day seminar is going to turn anyone into a successful real estate investor.

At best seminars like this will give you some useful information which can help you see if you truly have the interest and the aptitude to learn more. So they are not doing anything dishonest, but there's a limit to what you'd gain from attendance in these seminars, and you can probably learn as much for free in the public library.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
14 June 2016 10:26
There was a 3 day seminar in Phila offering an introduction to buying and selling real estate. This was not free and I did not attend but it sounds like they are providing not much for too much money. Is this a scam? Are they legitimate? What is their follow through? Both of the people involved have physical handicaps (one is in a wheelchair). They can do no physical rehabbing of property.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Please read my answer above. This is a legitimate company and I have no reason to believe they do not provide the service that they advertise. You can contact the Utah Secretary of State to learn more about the company's complaint history, as the Better Business Bureau has virtually none and has, in fact, accredited them.

As with any other course or seminar, people get out of it what they put into it. If a handicapped person wishes to learn how to buy and sell real estate, he's as entitled to take a seminar in it as is anyone else. If those persons feel they were misled and did not get all they contracted for, they could contact the company, and if the company is not responsive, involve the BBB and the State Attorney General and get some resolution from the company.