Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

I found that I was scanned by a company by phone on

Customer Question

I found that I was scanned by a company by phone on 6/7/2016. I received a call from I company that helps with computer problems on the 7th. I had paid them $300.00 about 2 years ago but was unhappy with their services. I had not head back from them until this week. The caller stated that they were going to refund my money and asked for the last 4 numbers of my debit card with which I had paid them. I gave them this number and they stated that they had refunded my money $299.95. However, the amount that showed up on my bank statement was $1299.95. I explained this to them and they asked for me to send a money gram from Walmart in the amount of $950.00. This was to be sent to a specific person. When I calls to give them the reference number, the caller stated that person was unable to receive this amount and he requested me to send $900.00 by money gram to a different person. Meanwhile, they put an amount in my bank account to cover the $950 I had previously sent. This also showed up on my bank site. I sent the second amount to them and the corrected amount showed on the screen. However, the next morning that refunds money was not there. I spoke to the same caller and he stated that it was just taking a while to get registered and not to worry. I never heard back from him and my bank account was debited $ 1850. Which placed me in an overran situation. I have spoken to the bank and filed a complaint with the money gram people and was instructed to get touch with you.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the expert who will be assisting you today. I am a Certified Fraud Examiner with many years of experience. I'm reviewing your question now, working on a reply, and I'll be back shortly with your answer. Thanks for your patience!

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone at any time, please let me know and I can make that happen.

Ok I have read through the details you have provided. First off, I am so sorry to hear about this situation. I really want to do my best to help you try and recover any money if it is possible.

Now I see that you have already contacted your bank and filed a complaint that these charges were fraudulent. You have also filed a complaint with Moneygram.

Now what exactly is your question at this time so I can provide you with the correct answer?

Hello again, I am just making sure you were able to view my question. I cannot provide you with an answer until I know exactly what your question is. You will not be charged anything for responding to me.

I look forward to hearing from you.