Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

Who can I report that I ve been scammed by a scammer who

Customer Question

Who can I report that I ve been scammed by a scammer who poses as a military man to?
And by the same scammer whose done it to other women using different names and different profiles on facebook and different email addresse. Thank you
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you were scammed.

Make printouts of each Facebook page and then report the pages to Facebook as false or fraudulent. Then, file a Complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. The federal government also requests that information on Nigerian scams be sent to***@******.***.

You can also post the pictures you received, names used, and other information on forums such as these:

The most important thing you can do for yourself at this point is beware of follow-up scams. Sometimes in this situation, the scam artists will have a friend contact you and offer to get your money back - for a small, upfront fee, sent via Western Union. It's just a more despicable part of the original scam. Don't fall for it.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any more questions about this?