Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I was contact by a man telling me I was pick randomly

Customer Question

I was contact by a man telling me I was pick randomly for a government gant loan I was told too call a man name Jacob brown his number is(###) ###-####I send him 270.00 dollars can yo please give me a call back my name is ***** *****on I don't no what too do now tank you God bless my cell is(###) ###-####
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, you have fallen for a grant scam.

Government grants are free of charge. Not only doesn't it cost a cent to get a Federal grant, government grants are not given out to private individuals but to companies and organizations to fund projects that are deemed worthy.

One must apply for a government grant, and the application is elaborate. They are not just handed out at random to internet users.

You can see the warning about such scams from the Federal Trade Commission. And on, which is where one applies to get a real government grant, the warning says:

"No government grant-making agency will make phone calls; send email or letters to solicit money or personal banking information from a potential grant recipient. There are no processing fees for federal grants. Federal grants are not issued for personal use, but are intended for institutions and non-profits to carry out projects with a public purpose."

Cease contact with these people. They are scamming you. If you gave them any sensitive personal information, take all precautions against identity theft and report the crime to the FBI at and to the Federal Trade Commission at

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.