Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I was conned into giving a photo of my divers license. I am

Customer Question

I was conned into giving a photo of my divers license. I am concerned that credit approvals will be approved in my name without my approval or knowledge. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Without more information, a photo of your driver's license would not be enough for someone to take out a loan or get credit in your name without your approval or knowledge.

However, you can report the compromising of your driver's license to your licensing authority and see whether they would recommend invalidating your present license and issuing you a new one under a different number.

You can also contact your credit reporting authority and place a fraud alert against your credit information. Once that is done, any creditor applied to for a loan or a card would have to notify you first and get personal authorization before it would allow that card or loan to be granted.

You can read more about that here.

There are also commercial services such as Lifelock that you could join, for a fee to protect yourself against unauthorized use of your name and credit.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.