Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is cardsafeguard a scam

Customer Question

Is cardsafeguard a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a website for this business?

How did you learn of them? What are they supposed to do for you? What are you to do for them in return?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

If you're talking about cardsafeguard.com, we've been asked about them before.

This is a very new company. So you can't rely on the fact that there are no scam reports. It's virtually a blank slate. The domain name was registered and the site launched on September 29, 2015. Also, they have reserved the site for one year only, the least amount of time that they can do so and the most impractical option. This is not a site that has set itself up for the long haul, and that's always a bad sign. It suggests that they are looking to make a quick killing and then disappear into cyberspace.

The Colorado Secretary of State shows no such company as Card Safeguard or cardsafeguard.com doing business in Colorado.

The address on the website traces to another business.

Finally, why would they give the cards away free? What do they get out of that? The answer may be that they get your credit card information.

For less than $10 you can order multiple protective sleeves for your credit card from Amazon, where you know that your purchase is buyer protected. Cardsafeguard's shipping costs are wildly inflated, so they are taking you on that end too.

I can't guarantee that cardsafeguard.com is a scam. but it's suspicious and there's no need for you find out the hard way when it's both cheap and easy to get protection from a reliable source.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.