Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is there a transfer on off shore account money wiring. I

Customer Question

Is there a transfer on off shore account money wiring. I applied for a loan made the collateral payments now company saying loan can't be released until wire transfer fee paid as private lender sent money to the company from a Cayman island off shore account
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm here
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. Give me a few moments to type up a response.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

This is a scam and if you send off any money not only won't you get your loan but you will never get your money back either.

It is unlawful for a lender to condition a loan on the payment of an up front fee. Collateral is NOT money. Collateral is property property in which the lender gets a security interest. Calling an up front fee "collateral" is an attempt to disguise what they are really doing.

An up front fee for any reason, no matter how logical it sounds, is the #1 sign of a loan scam. Any legitimate lender would take any transfer fees out of the money they have set aside to lend you and simply give you the rest.

You can report this company to the police, and to the Canada Anti-Fraud center, and you should cease all contact with the scammers. The only possibility you have of getting back the money you have already sent them is if law enforcement can find out who and where they really are and bring them to justice.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this place is still contacting me saying its not fraud but that they are a signature loan based company and allow co signers but because I didn't have one I had to do collateral payments to show good faith in repayment.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.

Of course they are still contacting you to say that you have to pay, and of course they are going to tell you that they have not committed fraud. You don't seriously expect them to say to you, "You're right. We are thieves." Do you?

Ignore the correspondence and have nothing more to do with them. Again, any legitimate loan broker would take any transfer expenses from what he set aside to give you and just send you the rest. Up front fees are the #1 sign of a loan scam.

Have nothing further to do with them. In the unlikely event that they are legitimate, they will sue you civilly for the money. But I'm quite sure that once you stop responding to their demands and just block and ignore them, they will leave you alone and move on to someone else they can scam.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.