Nick-FraudExaminer, Fraud/Investigations/Financial Analysis
Experience:  Fraud Investigations

Sending money America soldier ,states he cannot eat Africa

Customer Question

sending money for an America soldier for food ,states he cannot eat Africa food . is this a scam
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Nick-FraudExaminer replied 5 months ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I am the Certified Fraud Examiner expert who will be assisting you today. I am actively working on your reply and I will have a full answer ready for you shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Hello again Linda,

I am so sorry to tell you this but based on the facts you have presented, this sounds to me like a common scam known as a US Military Scam.

The scam essentially works like this. Someone claiming to be a member of the US Military who is stationed overseas (in this case Africa) will contact you and befriend you. Over time, this person claiming to be a member of the military will genuinely gain your trust and seem to be a very good person.

After some time passes however, this person will all of a sudden fall on hard times or have a problem. That is where the scam comes in. They will have some excuse that seems to be legitimate but in fact it is a way for them to con you into sending money to them. In this case the scammer is using the excuse that he cannot eat African food.

Members of the US military have access to all different kinds of foods or military rations when they are stationed overseas. Just because the person is stationed in Africa, it does not mean that he has no access to foods other than African food. In addition, US military personnel receive salaries and have access to their bank accounts just like they would if they were in the United States. They can use their salary to purchase different types of food while being located overseas. Therefore, there is no legitimate reason that he should be requesting YOUR MONEY for food.

I have also heard of other scams very much like this regarding the US military. Unfortunately, it is a common scam because the scammers take advantage of the fact that people serving in the military are very close to our hearts here at home and that we want to help them.

I recommend that you DO NOT SEND MONEY to this person for any reason. No matter what excuse he comes up with (he has become sick, his has problems with customs, his family is in danger, etc) do not fall for this because it is a scam.

I hope this answer has helped you and I truly wish you the best of luck. If you do have any additional questions, feel free to ask me for clarification and I will be happy to answer at no additional cost.

Please remember that I only receive credit for answering your question when you issue a POSITIVE RATING using the TOP THREE HAPPY FACES OR STARS and then SUBMIT. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to give you the most honest and accurate answer; I kindly ask that you please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating. Even after you rate me, you can still ask follow up questions at no additional cost.

Good Morning,

I am checking in to make sure that you were able to view the response that I prepared for you yesterday. Please let me know if you need any further information or additional clarification.

My main goal is to make sure that you are fully satisfied with your answer, is there anything else I can help you with?