Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Is opteck a scam web sight

Customer Question

is opteck a scam web sight
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. Should you wish email or phone support, let me know and the site can arrange that. Are you online now?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a website for this company? Have yo invested with them yet or are you just looking into them to see if you should?

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

I was hoping to hear from you before replying to your question, but I have found the Optek website, and I will give you a general answer. From there, if you have further information for me that you think might be helpful for me or need further clarification, you can reply here to this question thread and I will respond.

Optek has been on the web for more than 10 years now. It's IP address traces to Bryansk and its site registrant has used a proxy service to hide his actual identity and location. The site itself has no real contact information other than email. It claims to be located in Belize.

We've get a lot of complaints about assorted binary options and forex platforms. Most of them are complaining about unauthorized withdrawals from their accounts. To be fair, none of the complaints have been about Optek, but the problem is that while it is legal to trade in binary options, these companies are all pretty much unregulated. Australia does not regulate binary trading at all, which means that if you go with a company that isn't regulated by any government authority, literally anything goes. Since Opteck is not an Australian company, that makes for a very big problem if something with your investment goes awry.

Authorities on binary trading suggest that if your country doesn't regulate binary trading, for safety's sake, you should stick to a company that is regulated by European authorities, because you can at least go after the authority. This one, unfortunately, is not.

While I have no basis to say that Optek is a scam, I can say that it is unregulated and therefore may be unsafe for you. With binary trading being as volatile as it is, even under the best of circumstances, that extra "insurance" from an Australian or European regulated broker may prove to be important.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.