Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.
26798026

Is Mark Antonio a real person?

Customer Question

Is Mark Antonio a real person?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. How did you meet this person? What is the nature of your relationship? What are they asking you to do or offering to do for you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He met me on Cupid.com (not my asking for) and said he is from Cambridge MA,. He says he is now in Johannesburg, South Africa. He said he has been working on the new mall there. I have checked with the Architect of the mall and she said she does not know him and he had no part of the mall. He has asked for money and I have given. Also, He now says needs money to come home. He says he is 63 years old and owns a roofing metal contracting business. (Antonio Metal Roofing Systems.org) I think i have been conned. Can you tell me if so? thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please get back to me ASAP
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Good morning. I apologize for the delay. Since you did not respond for almost 3 days after I posted my questions, I didn't realize this was an urgent matter. Experts are not on call 24/7, and like many people, I choose to spend weekends with my family rather than working. This is a scam. Here is how you can tell:He's claiming to be a U.S. citizen currently in Africa. If everyone online who said this meant it, there would be more Americans than Africans roaming the continent.You actually checked out his story and found it to be untrue.You met online and formed a relationship without ever meeting in person.He's asking you for money.He's asking you for money.He's asking you for money. It is ALWAYS A SCAM when they ask for money. Never, ever, ever, EVER send money to someone you met online. If he were legitimate, that means he got to Africa without your help. There are Embassies to help people in foreign countries who need it. Anyone you meet in Africa who is asking you to send them money is scamming you. Anyone you meet in real life who is asking for money for nothing is taking advantage of you. These aren't people you want to be involved with, because they can't love anyone but themselves.On top of that, I found those same pictures reported as having been used in other scams.http://www.yourittoday.com/scammer_profile_data/profile_data17/552633.html If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.