Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I get this phone no(###) ###-####every other day but when I call

Customer Question

I get this phone no(###) ###-####every other day but when I call Back I get no answer. Fred
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, A reverse trace of the number shows that the area code is for Washington, DC. The carrier for the phone number is ***** however. That means it's a VOIP, and that calls are being placed over the internet rather than from an actual phone. The call can be made from anywhere in the world that the computer happens to be. You likely can't call it back since it's not an actual phone number. There are so many fraudsters and telemarketers out there, that the best thing you can do with repeated annoying calls from unfamiliar numbers is simply to ignore them and block them so that they don't bother you again. Somebody reported this number as involving a scammer claiming to be the IRS, a very popular fraud designed to try to convince you that you owe the government and you'd better pay them now to avoid an arrest. The IRS, however, NEVER calls taxpayers who owe them money. They send a notice of a government audit via certified or registered mail. Block this number and don't worry about it. Just ignore it
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread