How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Loren Your Own Question

Loren, Attorney
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 29102
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes I was in the process of getting a loan and I have bad credit

Customer Question

Yes I was in the process of getting a loan and I have bad credit so the loan place cash said they was going to send me a mobile deposite and to withdraw some funds and send it to them it sounded ok to me. So they sent 1150. And said to send back 1100 so I did. Yet they had wrote the check wrong and the check was adjusted after I had already used the funds to send them for there verification process. So now my acct is -1220 due to 1150 coming out and overdraft fees. The bank I was using already has said I can no longer bank there. Is there anything I can do I just want that acct fixed and I'm really scared and don't know who to ask.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. You have been victimized by a "fake check scam" Do not send any more money. If they are located in the US report them to your local police. You can also file a complaint online with the FBI at, I am sorry to tell you, there is not much you can do about the bank. They are not required to allow you to continue banking with them. I am sorry.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?