Loren, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

Yes I was in the process of getting a loan and I have bad credit

Customer Question

Yes I was in the process of getting a loan and I have bad credit so the loan place cash net.com said they was going to send me a mobile deposite and to withdraw some funds and send it to them it sounded ok to me. So they sent 1150. And said to send back 1100 so I did. Yet they had wrote the check wrong and the check was adjusted after I had already used the funds to send them for there verification process. So now my acct is -1220 due to 1150 coming out and overdraft fees. The bank I was using already has said I can no longer bank there. Is there anything I can do I just want that acct fixed and I'm really scared and don't know who to ask.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. You have been victimized by a "fake check scam" Do not send any more money. If they are located in the US report them to your local police. You can also file a complaint online with the FBI at www.IC3.gov.Unfortunately, I am sorry to tell you, there is not much you can do about the bank. They are not required to allow you to continue banking with them. I am sorry.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?