Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have purchased a caravan , and paid the full funds into a

Customer Question

I have purchased a caravan , and paid the full funds into a trust account on Escrow. The van was to be delivered to me, for me to approve payment , or request a refund.
I paid the $ 19,000 into Barclays Bank *****
LONDON E7 8LG
The shipping company is Quick Shipping
www.quickshipping.com.au
Tel: 02 80033567
Company Name QUICK COURIERS PTY. LTD. - ABN: 11 120 053 063
The contact I spoke with many times at the shipping company was Issac Taylor
I replied to an add in the Central Coast express by email.
The seller is ***** ***** ROBERT OWEN .
The seller owns a property at 10 The Valley Way Lisarow
The Jayco caravan was purchased new by Andrew Owen in July 2013 from Jayco Aubrey
the transaction was conducted late on Friday 6/5/16
The caravan was due to be delivered on 12/5/16. It has not been, and now the shipping company is not answering the telephone.
Please advise on any action that I can take
Regards ***** *****
0412 927 879 ***@******.***
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
hello, Unfortunately, you have fallen for a very popular scam. Here is how it works: You see an online ad for a caravan. It's price is way below book value. The owner lives far away, maybe even in a different country. There is no way that he will let you see the caravan before you will have to pay for it. But he tells you not to worry about that. The caravan is a great deal and in perfect condition. He tells you that you can pay your money to an escrow company and that you will get five days or so to inspect the caravan once it arrives. And if you don't like it you can get your money back from the escrow agent. The escrow agent contacts you and wants the money sent to him by wire. Then you sit back and you wait for the caravan to arrive. It doesn't. Your money is gone, so is the seller and so is the escrow agent. None of the information they have given you is true. If you could find these people, you could sue them to get your money back, or you could have them prosecuted. However, since they have disappeared into cyberspace, finding them Will be a job for your police. Only if law enforcement can bring these scammers to justice will you be able to recover your loss.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
There is no real seller. There is no real escrow agent. There never was a caravan for sale. This was all a scam to get your money.Report this to your police and to scamwatch to warn others. Report It in the UK as well to action fraud.police.uk, which is the UK's national anti-fraud agency. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.