Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Ely I was scammed by aaoption in

Customer Question

hi ely my name is Geraldine I was scammed by aaoption in a hedge fund. and had pretty much given up. then last week I receive a call from wayne griffin insurance specialist he explained aaoption plus about 10 other platforms were being sued in the supreme court of uk. First I have to pay 13,498.08 to get my 89,987.24 as an upfront 15% for services of people for the investigation. He says it goes to court on the 26th of may in the uk and plaintiffs and district attorney are going for 2.5 million to be divided between 800 and some people. I get the 89thousand after I pay the 13th it looks official gives a docket number and control number what do you think
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Hi Geraldine, Ely is unable to get to this tonight, and he didn't want you to wait. He asked me to provide you with an answer. Here's what you need to know: When once you are the victim of a scam, scammers always come back in new identities in order to get another bite of the apple. The most common way in which they do this is to pretend to be a business, lawyer, investigator or government agency that claims to be able to give you back the money you lost. For a fee, of course. And then another. And then another. And then another. And still another. Until finally you catch on and realize they've scammed you all over again. Naturally, they never use the word up-front fee. Instead they invent some other reason -- in this case investigative and court fees -- for your having to lose more money. But don't fall for it. You don't pay up front for investigative services for a procedure that supposedly court ready. All that's been done already if it were real, and the UK does not have district attorneys, nor are their plaintiffs in criminal proceedings. The entire premise is nothing but nonsense. Any reputable company would take its 15% out of your award. But these guys aren't reputable. They don't even exist, which is why you cannot find them Your scammers are not facing legal problems. They are alive and well and still looking for more money from you. Pay no money. Cease all communication with these thieves. Report the matter to the the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They do use the word upfront "upon signature of signee Geraldine Andrews agrees to the terms and conditions of this claim and will submit 15% upfront payment owed for services rendered" so what does that mean them using the word upfront
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
It means that they expect you to pay them 15% before (up front) they will release any money to you. That's the #1 sign of a scam. If they were legitimate, they'd take their fee from the court award and give you the rest. That's a sure sign that they have nothing real to give you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry but your answer came to late. I didn't realize I would be charged so much either . Almost 100.00 for stuff I found out from us exchange commission and it didn't cost me anything. But I guess that's just way it works. I thought I would speak like a chat online thanks anyway
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Your answer came late because your question specifically requested a specific expert who turned out not to be available to take the question. It took him some hours to find it and to direct me to answer it for him. Best of luck to you.