Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

I met Wale Williams o

Customer Question

I met Wale Williams on dating site and his email is***@******.***. Phone is(###) ###-#### ***** he is in Dubai, Africa and now needs money for airline ticket home. Is he a scammer?
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: He was supposedly living in Castle Hayne, NC when I met him, but got contract job in Dubai and working on road for 2.5 million dollars and received check for this and bank couldn't cash it as he was from America. Today I tried to send him Moneygram $4k and was told to send to Mr. Femi Jacobs as since he was American he couldn't get a Moneygram funds. Moneygram stopped payment and five hours later I got my money refunded. Now Wale is telling me I should have sent in smaller amounts such as $1k each time. I can talk on that phone number and have seen some pics but never met him.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: I have sent him money for food several times in amounts of $100 thru $1k
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fraud Examiner about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Does he claim to be American?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes but I never saw anything verifying this
Phone number he gave me for nite manager at Premier Hotel. His phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I cannot verify his identity via phone numbers or an email. Today, anyone can get a free number with virtually any area code. What I can do is tell you how to verify it yourself after asking him three simple questions. Would this be acceptable?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just forget this. I plan to contact FBI tomorrow. Please cancel my payment by credit card as I plan to contest this. Doris
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Okay, Doris. I'm sure the FBI will be happy to help you. All the best.