Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I recently got involved with pilipina Bernadita Poicios romantically??email

Customer Question

I recently got involved with pilipina Bernadita Poicios romantically??email writing from Asian Dating Agency,she is a Registered Nurse from Caibiran lost parents and siblings in the horrible earthquake 2 years ago??she said her Visa run out but the Embassy in Manila would give her a chance she only had 3days to organise the fee $275 and she could fly to Melbourne 2 days later if I could send her $1800 approx. her email address is***@******.*** apparently has all flight details with arrival time at Tullamarine Aiport and her passport number is ***** has a friend name Rita Rodrigo from Mandaluyong city Manila who was going to collect the money.
Could this be possible or am Ion the way to get scammed
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. This, right down to the specific details, is part of the classic romance scam "script." The people perpetrating these scams have figured out what details work best (i.e. having recently suffered the loss of parents with a visa that is soon to expire and no way to get out of the country due to being strapped for cash) and basically tell the same story over and over again hoping to trick as many victims as they possibly can in to sending money. They also use stolen pictures so you are almost never dealing with the person you see in their images. Very often it's not even a woman. Save yourself further trouble and the loss of your hard earned money and immediately cut off all contact with this woman. Also be forewarned that you may be contacted by more seemingly beautiful women online in the near future. That will be this scammer using different aliases trying to fool you again. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
Was I able to answer your question here?