Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.

I have been texting a Sergent with the U.S. MARINES DYLAN BILLMAIR

Customer Question

I have been texting a Sergent with the U.S. MARINES DYLAN BILLMAIR since Feb he presented like he was in love with me well I took some photos of my self sent them to him some were half nude but not complete nude well now he's treating to post these photos if I dont send him $3500. Before Friday he is in Nigeria I have sent him $400 in one case he said he wanted to Skype with me well that eadnt true until last Thursday he finally Skype for a few sex just so I could see whom he was I have every text message from Feb until today he has contacted one person already and ask her if she knew me he sent a screen shot to m can he be stopped isn't this blackmail
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. Yes, this is completely illegal--it's blackmail and extortion. The problem is that this man is located in west Africa, where a great number of these so called "romance scammers" operate from. Nigeria is far from the jurisdiction of U.S. law enforcement, and Nigerian law enforcement is so bad there is not a realistic chance of this man being caught in his own country. There is only one solution in these situations and that is to immediately cut off all contact with the person blackmailing you and not respond further to any of their threats. So long as you continue responding and sending money, they have power over you, and they will continue using that power to get more and more from you. The only thing you can do is cut them off. Perhaps they will reveal the pictures to more people, but what is certain is that they'll do that if you keep talking to them and don't continue paying them. At the end of the day, these scammers only care about revealing your pictures because they think they can make money that way. Once you stop responding and they realize there is no more money to be made, they are not going to continue pursuing this just for the sake of ruining your life. They are going to focus their time on other victims who they can manipulate and scare into sending money. In addition to immediately cutting off all contact with this man,you can and should report this scam to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (a division of the FBI that specifically handles internet fraud) here. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.
Were you able to view my answer?