P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney

A man contacted me on facebook about 2 months ago. says

Customer Question

Hi. A man contacted me on facebook about 2 months ago. says he is an engineer with a crew he being the head of the crew on an oil rig offshore Ireland.17 year old son in south Africa at school. After awhile he said sons hostel was robbed took everything even clothes. said he can/t access his bank acct. Every morning I get a poem. today the most beautiful mothers day personal message. he is widowed wife died of cancerhe said he has so much money in the bank and can't access it there is a long process to get money
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am truly sorry to be the one to bear bad news. What you are describing is a very common scam. Criminals from Asia and Africa will pretend to be someone they are not to steal money from others who believe in their scams. Please do not send any money or personal information to these criminals...they will only ask for more and more...Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He uses David Benedict this is profile name on facebook(###) ###-####
Again, ma'am this is a scam. Quite common...please do not send him money...and if you have, do not send any more.
HiExperts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. Please rate the answer so I may receive creditThanks for your understandingPhil