Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Customer Question

***@******.*** russia
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello, The short answer is that ANY internet romance who asks you for money before you have ever met in person and established a real time committed in-person dating relationship is a scammer. The money request ALWAYS means fraud. You know from your every day non-computer dating experience that people who really like you and want a real relationship with you try to impress you. They don't turn themselves into financial liabilities. The money request is the #1 sign of a romance fraud. Once it happens you've got a scammer. The so-called emergency for which she needs your funds is never true. A reverse email address search via a background check site shows nothing for this email address. That doesn't have to mean she's legitimate. It may only mean this is a new email address and it hasn't been reported yet. So if you're not inclined to just take my word that she's a scammer, you'll have to give me more information about her in order for me to give you a more detailed response. But here are the tell-tale signs of an internet scammer, and I bet this will look familiar to you. - the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and you can't believe your luck. She is beautiful, very sexy, and she falls in love with you almost at first sight.- She moves in on you and rushes the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. She pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that she wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. She flirts with you, seduces you and teases you sexually, especially when she is talking about gifts and money.- And as soon as she knows that she's got you all really hot and interested, she starts asking for things or money. She wants to see you but she will need plane tickets and/or a visa. But then after you've paid all that, she'll have an emergency that keeps her from getting on that plane -- a car accident on the way to the airport. A legal problem with an inheritance from her late father or mother or a problem with her job. A mugging and a trip to the hospital. A dying mother/father/sister/brother/self who can't pay hospital bills. An arrest at the airport or a problem with Customs. These are just some of the most popular excuses. There are many others. You can see a very good list of the excuses here. No matter what the phony excuse, however, she will say that you're her only hope to solve her problems. And all of her problems will cost you money. A lot of it. Despite that, she will never get an inch closer to boarding that plane.- She will want the money wired via Western Union or MoneyGram, which has no protection for the sender. It's like throwing your money away.Once she starts asking for gifts or money, You can bet that she's not who and what you think she is. She's a group of thieves, almost always men, sitting at an internet cafe somewhere overseas, working together to rob too trusting, good hearted men and women such as yourself of all of their money.If you send her money, she'll just come up with another emergency to ask you for more. And another. And another until you catch wise or go broke, whichever happens first.