Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with significant fraud prevention experience.
60109343

I have been getting phone calls from(###) ###-####(***** *****)

Customer Question

I have been getting phone calls from(###) ###-####(***** *****) saying that I am under investigation for tax fraud and the police will be coming to arrest me tomorrow. My daughter looked up the phone # ***** she said it was part of a scam. Can you help me.
Laurie Ellen Griffin ###-##-####
My husband passed away 17/4/16 & I don't know what to do.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question. You need not worry as this is a clear and obvious scam. The IRS does not call to let people know that they are being charged with tax fraud or to let you know that the police will be arresting you the next day. Before any charges for tax fraud would ever be filed, you would be AUDITED. You would be given an opportunity to explain any discrepancy with your taxes. You would be in communications with the IRS. The idea that the IRS would randomly call you up out of the blue and tell you that you're being arrested is completely preposterous. These scammers are looking to extort you for a fee. They think that if they can scare you enough, you'll agree to pay a "fine" in order to make these "charges" go away. Do not fall for the scam, and do not respond to any more calls from these criminals. Instead, report this scam to your local FBI field office here. After a few days of you ignoring their calls, they will get the hint that you are not going to be fooled and move on to easier victims. I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.* Disclaimer *Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.