Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in consumer protection and fraud detection.
45002201

I just received an e-mail from a company that says they have

Customer Question

I just received an e-mail from a company that says they have let me know numerous times to pay 1,108.89 or they will bring legal proceedings against me. It is from a company called Cyber.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.This is a common scam where they will target someone and make multiple attempts to convince a person that they owe a debt for one reason or another, and that some bad thing is going to happen (litigation, jail, etc.) if they refuse to pay. Unless this is a debt you are aware of and know that you owe, this is a scam. You should report this to www.ic3.gov. That is a government website that tracks internet based fraud. After that, you should delete the email or send it to junkmail. This is a fraud and you should not pay them (unless it is a debt you are aware of and are sure you owe).