Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

We were approached by Northwest Equity Services in Chicago,

Customer Question

We were approached by Northwest Equity Services in Chicago, Il regarding the sale of one of our Mexican timeshares (Grand Solmar). They didn't want any money upfront, just permission to provide offers if any were received. We received a great offer but were required to wire taxes for the sale, which were to be returned with the sale proceeds.
Here is the website: http://www.nwequityservices.com/
We paid the taxes, then were asked to pay additional taxes due to a new tourism requirement initiated on April 1st, again which were to be reimbursed. Total tax was $8600 and change. Then the deal fell thru and our taxes were to be refunded within 15 days. We now cannot reach anyone at the company.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Where did you wire the money - to someone in Mexico? Or, if not Mexico, then where? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.