Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Can you find out if Charlotte Willson is a real person in

Customer Question

Can you find out if Charlotte Willson is a real person in Accra Ghana
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with this question.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
I have run the photo through photo recognition software and I do not find any information one way or the other about this picture. That does not mean she is legitimate. It only means her photo wasn't downloaded from elsewhere on the web and that it hasn't been reported as having been used in a scam. I would note, however, that neither her name nor her photo give any indication that she is actually African. Scammers either download photos from the web or use the photos of real people who are the former victims of others of their scams. You can't always tell a scammer by a photo, and you certainly cannot tell it by just a name. You tell a scammer by the way the course of the relationship goes, because scam relationships follow a basic formula and are all pretty much alike. What other information has she told you about herself? What other documents has she sent you? Did she fall in love with you at warp speed? Has she asked you for money yet? If she has asked you for gifts and money, then she fits the scam pattern and can't be anything else other than a scammer, because strangers never ask other strangers for money unless they are con artists or thieves. Internet romances may go on for months and months, and they don't feel like they are strangers. But they are, until you actually can meet and see for yourself that they are who they say they are. Internet scammers never meet you, however, because they are not the person in the picture and they have no interest in anything more than your money.I can't prove what she is one way or the other on the basis of what you've sent me, but you will know best if you find she has acted like this:- the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and she falls in love with you at first sight.- She moves in on you and rushes the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. She pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that she wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. She flirts with you, seduces you and teases you sexually, especially when she is talking about gifts and money.- And as soon as she knows that she's got you all really hot and interested, she starts asking for things or money. She wants to see you but she will need plane tickets and/or a visa, and a Declaration fee or a Basic Travel Allowance. (no such thing) But then after you've paid all that, she'll have an emergency that keeps her from getting on that plane -- a car accident on the way to the airport. A legal problem with an inheritance from her late father or mother or a problem with her job. A mugging and a trip to the hospital. A dying mother/father/sister/brother/self who can't pay hospital bills. An arrest at the airport or a problem with Customs for trying to get back home with her goods. These are just some of the most popular excuses. There are many others. You can see a very good list of the excuses here. No matter what the phony excuse, however, she will say that you're her only hope to solve her problems. And all of her problems will cost you money. A lot of it. Despite that, she will never get an inch closer to boarding that plane.- She will want the money wired via Western Union or MoneyGram, which has no protection for the sender. It's like throwing your money away.Once she starts asking for gifts or money, You can bet that she's not who and what you think she is. She's a group of thieves, almost always men, sitting at an internet cafe somewhere overseas, working together to rob too trusting, good-hearted men and women such as yourself of all of their money.If you send her money, she'll just come up with another emergency to ask you for more. And another. And another until you catch wise or go broke, whichever happens first.