Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I would like to inquire about a barrister named Woedeme Yawa

Customer Question

I would like to inquire about a barrister named Woedeme Yawa ,practicing law in lome,togo
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, the Togo Bar Association, known as Ordre des avocats à la Cour de Lomé au Togo, does not have a website with a searchable data base so that you can verify the credentials of a Togolese barrister. You would have to contact them directly. Their phone number is ***** 22 08 82. The US Embassy in Togo keeps a list of those admitted to the bar in Togo. You could contact them and perhaps they could be of use to you. I attach the list I found on the web, that our Embassy got from the Togolese Bar, but it is several years old. Woedeme Yawa is not on the list. Generally people who ask a question like this are the unwitting targets of an internet advance fee scam. Usually it would have to do with a so-called inheritance, which you have been told is either yours or your online girlfriend's. If that's the case, we see this scam all the time, and your so-called legal fees needed to clear the so-called inheritance go directly to scammers. If you provide me with details about how you know of this barrister, I could tell you whether your situation conforms to the typical inheritance scam pattern.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the answer is not providing the informations requested.I would like to have the answer I requested
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was contacted by the lawyer.He is trying to fulfill the necessary paperwork for the transaction.....I don't feel
confortable.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Every lawyer must be licensed to practice law. That is true in each and every country on earth. The Ordre des avocats à la Cour de Lomé au Togo is the licensing authority for the country of Togo. I gave you their phone number. They do not publish their attorney lists like many other countries do. But that is where you go to seek the information you want. Since scammers do not tell the truth about who and where they really are, you can tell a scam by what they do. But if you're not willing to provide me with information as to what this so-called lawyer wants from you, then I cannot help you. As I said in my first answer, people who ask this question usually think there's an inheritance they're going to collect. Is that what's going on here? How did you hear from this lawyer? Phone? Certified mail? Email? If email can you copy and paste his letter with his reply?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I see that it will be just guessing about the Barrister. I rather cancel my subscription
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
It's not necessarily guessing, but until you share some information, there's nothing more concrete I can tell you other than the name and number of the licensing authority that can provide you with the information you seek. That's not a guess. Here is a report of a Togo inheritance scam, probably similar to what you won't tell me about. Note that the name of Woedeme Yawa is figured in one of the letters as the name so a beneficiary. So this name has figured in documented scams and that's not a guess either. Beyond that, if you're not inclined to help me help you, please contact customer service at***@******.*** about your subscription. Experts on the site have nothing to do with customer membership or billing issues.