Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

ABOUT THE 6TH OF APRIL I RECEIVED A CALL FROM BED BATH AND

Customer Question

ABOUT THE 6TH OF APRIL I RECEIVED A CALL FROM BED BATH AND BEYOND THE I PUT A ORDER IN VIA THE INTERNET FOR A VACUMN CLEANER VALUED OVER $700 I NOTIFED THEM THAT I NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING OVER THE INTERNET AND MY CREDIT CARD WAS NEVER OUT OF MY PERSON IT WAS LOCKED UP IN MY SAFE.THE NUMBER I WAS INSTRUSTED TO CALL WAS 1***-***-**** AND THE ORDER # ***** BBB3064748288/ I ALSO WAS INSTRUCTED BY THE HERNADO SHERRIFFS DEPT TO CONTACT YOU PEOPLE BECAUSE THE SUPERVISOR AT BED BATH AND BEYOND SAID THEY CAN SEND YOU ACOPY OF THE COMPUTER ORDER AND WHO POSSIBLY MADE AND I WOULD LIKE TO PRESS CHARGES FOR INTERNET FRAUD ON WHOM EVER PUT THIS ORDER .THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. The number you provided -(###) ###-####- is a scam number. What they do is call you and pretend to be from the credit card company or BB&B, claiming that you had an order. Then they get your credit card number and/or your identity information by pretending to compare it to the fake order. THEY ARE the scam and there was likely no order. CALL you credit card company to confirm. If there was no order, then disregard the original call from(###) ###-#### ***** there was an order, you can dispute it with the credit card company and let them handle it. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.