Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

I received a call at work today saying they were from Publisher's

Customer Question

I received a call at work today saying they were from Publisher's Clearing House and I had won a wonderful prize. I asked if they were sure they had the right person. I was sure it was a scam since I am the receptionist at a nursing home and when I answer I say my name and they said that is who they were calling. I do enter your sweapstakes but I am pretty sure this is not you process. They asked what time I would be home to receive my prize. $7.5 million and a new Mercedes (don't know how to spell it but you get the idea) When they asked for my number I gave them my cell so I could see what the number was.
When they called me when I got off work they said all I needed to do is pay 1% one time only $500. I told them I needed to see if I had that much money. He has been calling me about every 15 minutes but I have answered. He wanted to know if I had told anyone about my good luck and not even my family until I receive the money and the car so I can surprise them. The call says it is coming from Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica.
Just so you know and I am sure you already do. Thank you for listening.
Pat Sparks
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pat, Thank you for coming to Just Answer. What precisely is your question regarding this situation? Are you asking if this is a scam? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.
Were you able to view my message?