Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer.

This man says he is 4 star General Knud Bartels. He says he

Customer Question

this man says he is 4 star General Knud Bartels. He says he loves me- He says he wants to marry me- He also says he want me to send his son a $1,000 birthday present.
I have a man who says he is Dennis Heasmann Captain in the US Army He has the same face as the one in the video that they have been showing of that "James" soldier
Tell me if either ione of these men are real or fake
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

This is unfortunately a very common scam. It's actually become so common that the government has posted multiple warnings, asking people not to send money to people they meet online who are claiming to be soldiers.

There are dozens of other sites, such as this one:

Generals in the Army get paid pretty well. They don't have housing costs, and if they're deployed, they get combat pay. That means there's no reason in the world this man needs to be asking you for money. And I can't think of any reason to send a $1,000 birthday present to someone you don't know extremely well - the fact that he's asking is a dead giveaway. People who are in love and want to get married don't ask their partners for cash gifts.

Here is a picture of General Knud Bartels. He was Chairman of NATO's military committee. He's also Danish, so if he's claiming to be in the US military, he's lying.

The government also maintains a searchable database of military members. Take a look to see if you can find either of these men. There is NO RISK AT ALL to a service member who is on this database - the whole point of the site is actually to protect service members from being sued while they're overseas. See if you can find Dennis Heasmann there.

Google actually returns zero search results for Dennis Heasmann, which is - pretty much unbelievable in this day and age. I can find records of my grandmother on Google, and she's almost 100 years old. The fact that Google finds NO ONE with that name strongly suggests it's a fake name. And the fact that you found his picture attached to someone else is a great reason not to trust him.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This man never claimed to be in the American Army. His picture is the same as in your photos. He claimed he just had a birthday and he just applied for a 2 month vacation, just to come and see me. Can you verify if this real General has done these things.

The only way to verify if he's the real general is to talk to him on a video chat where you can see if he actually matches the person in the pictures, or wait to see if he shows up. Anyone could send you pictures off the internet and say it's them. I could send you a picture of Queen Elizabeth and say it's me. But video chat would show you that I'm clearly not. The real general's birthday is ***** 8, but since that's on Wikipedia, it doesn't prove anything.

Or if he says he doesn't have video, then ask him to do something VERY SPECIFIC like take a picture holding up today's newspaper and making a specific expression/hand gesture and send it to you. That's harder to fake.

Statistically, the likelihood that a decorated hero like Knud Bartles, a four-star general, is online looking to meet people via online dating is INCREDIBLY LOW, especially when you ask why he'd been looking to date an American.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tell me if this is Fake or Real
Access your itinerary anywhere. GET THE FREE APP
Apr 14, 2016 - Apr 14, 2016 | Itinerary # *****
Tel Aviv (TLV) → Louisville (SDF)
Apr 14, 2016 - Apr 14, 2016 ,*****ticket
This flight is booked and confirmed
Traveler InformationAdult Dennis Heasman No frequent flyer details provided
* Seat assignments, special meals, frequent flyer point awards and special assistance requests should be confirmed directly with the airline.
Apr 14, 2016 - Departure 2 stops Total travel time: 24 h 1 m
custom air icon Tel Aviv New York 12 h 9 m
5,666 mi
TLV 12:10am
Terminal 3
JFK 5:19am
Terminal 4
Delta 469
Economy / Coach (M) | Confirm seats with the airline *
Layover: 3 h 46 m
custom air icon New York Detroit 2 h 19 m
491 mi
JFK 9:05am
Terminal 2
DTW 11:24am
Terminal EM
Delta 2824
Layover: 4 h 21 m
custom air icon Detroit Louisville 1 h 26 m
316 mi
DTW 3:45pm
Terminal EM
SDF 5:11pm
Airline Rules & Regulations
We understand that sometimes plans change. We do not charge a cancel or change fee. When the airline charges such fees in accordance with its own policies, the cost will be passed on to you.
Tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable and name changes are not allowed.
Please read the complete penalty rules for changes and cancellations (Opens a new window) applicable to this fare.
Please read important information regarding airline liability limitations (Opens a new window) .
Price Summary
Traveler 1: Adult $1,928.09
Flight $1,546.00
Taxes & Fees $382.09
Total: $1,928.09
All prices quoted in US dollars.
Additional Flight Services
The airline may charge additional fees (Opens a new window) for checked baggage or other optional services.
Need help booking?
Visit our Customer Support page.
Call us at 1-***-***-****.
For faster service, mention itinerary #1130645510807
386 points
For this tripCheck your balance
Complete Your Trip
Get rested
Add a Hotel Get out and explore
Add an activityFind deals on rides to your Hotel
Get a Ride
Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email.You are receiving this transactional email based on a recent booking or account-related update on .© 2015 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia, Expedia Extras, Best Price Guarantee, Trend Tracker, Insiders' Select and the Airplane logos are registered trademarks, or trademarks, of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.(EMID: PT-ETM-ENSIED-teid1.0-issu1-testX-lang1033-verX-mcidX-segaX-segbX-segmX-key-paid)(MD: 20160319042734)(EPID: X)(ETID:(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is the Army captain I told you about. He sent me this to tell me when he's coming home so I could pick him up from the airport now if this is fake and he's a fake man I don't want to waste my time picking up someone who's not going to show up

That email does not change my opinion that this is a scam. I strongly encourage you to use the link I gave you to check to see if there is really a person in the military with his name stationed in the place where he claims to be currently located. You should also ask him to email you from his official military email address. which will end in if he is legitimate. This is not something that can be faked. Only people in the military can get those email addresses.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.