Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

This person named david lenard phoned me saying I have won

Customer Question

this person named david lenard phoned me saying I have won money from publisers clearing house at first I didnt belive him. he phones me every day, I keep askine him questiongs about the winnings he says its true.and Ihave to send him the money to release the winnings. now I whant my money back so I can live in pece.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, PCH will be the first to tell you that if you're told that you have to send money to get your winnings, you haven't won one of their contests. You can see this on their website here. PCH doesn't inform winners by phone. They send out their Prize Patrol which comes to your home and surprises you. And they never, ever ask for money. You have been the victim of a scam. Report the fraud to your police, online to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at and online to the Federal Trade Commission at in order to help stop these people. If the police can find them and bring them to justice, you can get your money back. As for the phone calls, block their number and cease all further contact with them. Once you start ignoring them, they will go away and move on to someone else they can try to swindle.