How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Zoey_JD Your Own Question

Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 23524
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Zoey_JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I oreded a phone from a guy I sent a money gram an he sent

Customer Question

I oreded a phone from a guy I sent a money gram an he sent me a fake recipe I have a fake tracking number
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've called him several of times he is not answering or returning my phone calls he also is not responding to my text I called even off another phone and he answere how can I get my 165 dollars back ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, If you know who and where he really is and he's in the US, you can sue him in small claims court and get your money back. Otherwise, unfortunately, this would be a job for law enforcement. You'd could report him to the police and to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center and hope that sooner or later they can bring him to justice so that you could get restitution for his fraud.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I have his address and phone number, plus my fack tracking number and my recipes in the money order
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 8 months ago.
If he's in the States, you can get a local lawyer to send him a letter putting him on notice that if he doesn't refund you for the phone you never received, you will take him to court. You can write the letter yourself, but when it comes from a lawyer on legal stationery, he will be more likely to think that you actually will take him to court. Sometimes that's enough so that the person will give you the refund. If he doesn't you'll have to take him to small claims court. You could try reporting him to your/his police, but they are likely to tell you that it's a civil matter and that you ought to sue him.