Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

Yes I have a question regarding a possible scam I met a

Customer Question

Hi yes I have a question regarding a possible scam I met a guy on Facebook for about a month and a half now he is a phycian working with UN he named me beneficiary to his compensation a diplomat was suppose to deliver to me but at airport customs in nigeria took the box.he had specific instruction not to be open so in order for them to release the box I had to send 6000.00 for a non search certificate.for the IMF got the box it contained 2.5 million dollars so now there asking me to pay 12000 so the the diplomat wouldn't get arrested for laundering money!
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I. Received s certificate from the comprndstio board ad his beneficiary and I had to fill out a form got IMF. Ford this sound like s scam I have info to were I sent the money bank name and person who ESD going to get it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, This is a tired old scam, and your Facebook boyfriend is just looking to steal your money. Every bit of this wildly improbable scenario is something we've seen before in Nigerian advance fee frauds. First of all, diplomats have immunity. They can't be arrested and prosecuted. Secondly, the IMF would never be involved in a transaction of this type. The deal just with governments and not with private funds. They are aware of the many scammers that use their name and they warn of them here. The idea of being beneficiary to someone's compensation is befuddling, but the UN pays its employees by check. Why would they give your so-called doctor a box of cash and expect a diplomat to carry it to you? The answer is so that they could claim that it got stopped in Customs and fleece you of $6,000. You can see pages filled with so-called diplomatic courier scams here. You're the victim of a crime. Cease contact with anyone having to do with this, including your so-called doctor. Report the crime to your police and online to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center, at The only possible way you'll get your money back is if the authorities can find out who and where these people really are and bring them to justice. Finding him will be a very long, long shot. But there's one piece of good news I can give you. When you're a crime victim, your unreimbursed losses are tax deductible. So in the worst case scenario, at least you can get some of your money back in the form of a deduction when you file your taxes next year.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have pictures of this doctor I also have the name of the bank the checking number because it was sent to a bank account in greese
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 6 months ago.
You want to give the police and FBI the information on the bank that you got. If he's in Nigeria, the only reason you're sending money to Greece is that he was using you to help him launder money. You can upload photos of your doctor to this thread with your reply. Sometimes the picture can be identified as having been used in other scams.