How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Zoey_JD Your Own Question

Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Category: Fraud Examiner
Satisfied Customers: 23563
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Fraud Examiner Question Here...
Zoey_JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a partner that I just found out has been moving money

Customer Question

I have a partner that I just found out has been moving money into an account that is a false address and account. Checks being paid to TLC of Winchester is going to Capital One in his city under his home address. Isnt this embezzelment?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Yes, if these are company funds and he is moving them into an account for his own personal gain, without having the authority to do so, that would be embezzlement. The seriousness of the crime would depend upon the amount of funds stolen and the US state in which this is occurring. Unless the amount was very minimal, however, the crime would be a felony. You could report the offense to the police and ask that he be prosecuted. Alternatively, he could be sued for the conversion of funds.

Related Fraud Examiner Questions