Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I have a partner that I just found out has been moving money

Customer Question

I have a partner that I just found out has been moving money into an account that is a false address and account. Checks being paid to TLC of Winchester is going to Capital One in his city under his home address. Isnt this embezzelment?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Yes, if these are company funds and he is moving them into an account for his own personal gain, without having the authority to do so, that would be embezzlement. The seriousness of the crime would depend upon the amount of funds stolen and the US state in which this is occurring. Unless the amount was very minimal, however, the crime would be a felony. You could report the offense to the police and ask that he be prosecuted. Alternatively, he could be sued for the conversion of funds.