RONB-ESQ, Attorney
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP

Is the letter I rec'd from NORTH AMERICAN MEGBA

Customer Question

is the letter I rec'd for real from NORTH AMERICAN MEGBA SWEEPSTGAKES RAFFLE check attached $4,400.00 was given a pin # ***** use when I call them the letter states the check , to assist w/applicable tax and ins. handling claim officer 1-***-***-**** I know the saying to good to be good thanks
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You are right if to good to be believed you should run nowadays. Whatever you do, do not offer them money or a credit card number. Even if this check looks real it is likely that the bank would return it so do not pay them anything. They are con men/women and know exactly what you are going to say and will tell you what they need to, to put your mind at ease, but no sweepstakes requires you to contact them to deal with taxes. In fact if you win any sweepstakes of over $600 I believe the giver is required to withhold the money for the IRS before even giving you a check. I hope this helps please don't pay them anything and honestly even calling them is a waste of your time and could put you on a list such that other scammers contact you . Regards,Ron
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply and let me know. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I receive credit for the time I spent answering your question, additionally a bonus is not required but always greatly appreciated. If for some reason you don’t feel you can provide me positive feedback please reply and give me the opportunity to clarify my answer before giving me negative feedback.Regards, ***** ***** am logging off for the night, but I will be back online about 2:30 PM CST tomorrow and can respond to any additional questions or request for clarification then. Please reply here and I will respond as soon as I am online. Regards,Ron