Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I have contact w a man who I met online who I cant find any

Customer Question

I have contact w a man who I met online who I cant find any information from bbb, or background check.
he send me a lot of photos, I need to know who is in the photos and I got fraud charges put on my name/account on a wire bank/bank he had me do
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, If you upload the photos to this question thread, I can see what I can find.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How it won't pate or allow upload
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Amir Abubakar
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One on Muslimsingles. Com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dating site, photo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Loads pics of " his home"
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I have received them. I'll look at them and then tell you what, if anything I find.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
More he sent me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He sent me these
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All looks like same man
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I couldn't find any info on him or his "business"
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Facebook photo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Celmec, S.A. (Contratistas Electromecánicos, S.A.)
"Business name listed on Facebook "
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All phone numbers and email info I have on him
One number Colorado
Another NY
Weird # ***** card in Malaysia
Can't find any further info on him
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I've run these through photo recognition software, and I am unable to trace the photos on the web. That does not mean that this is really the man that you are communicating with. Romance scammers most times download other people's photos from the web. But they also woo both men and women and will use the photos other scam victims have sent them, meaning, yes, they may one day use yours as well. It's sometimes easy to trace who the photo belongs to, but not to the actual identity of the scammer. You identify a scammer by how the course of the relationship goes. Everything else he tells you will deliberately not check out, because he's simply a professional thief and has mastered the art of becoming invisible in cyberspace. He's hiding behind information that can't be found -- companies, phone numbers, fake email and computer IPS, that never check out -- and he can be anywhere in the world. Being on Facebook is no proof of reliability. Do you have a website for his so-called business? Or failing that, where is it based? You tell scammers by the way the relationship proceeds, because no matter who or where they say they are, they all proceed along the same lines: he rushes you into romance in head-spinning fashion. Before he can meet you, he claims he has to go to (or already is in) a foreign country not his or your own for work purposes. There, he gets into a series of so-called emergencies for which he needs your money. An online romance you have never met who involves you deeply in his finances is always a scammer. There is never a legitimate reason for someone you have never met in your live to need thousands of your dollars. The web fools you into thiinking you're not dealing with a stranger but you are until you've actually met. There is also no legitimate reason to open up a bank account or to receive payments on behalf of someone you have never met either. There are banks and ATM machines all over the world. All you are doing for a scammer is laundering money.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great now what?
I have fraud charges against me from my banking institution, states I now owe original owner $2000 I western union to him in Malaysia, all my accounts are closed, he still calls/texts me.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 7 months ago.
I've dealt with that more fully on your other question. Cease contact with this person, who is only trying to manipulate you further. Report him to the police. They can't do anything to him because he's out of the country, who knows where. But you want a written report to show your bank that you've involved the police and are a crime victim.