Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney / former Law Enforcement Agent
26296561

Client was scammed into sending $635,000 in a mega millions

Customer Question

client was scammed into sending $635,000 in a mega millions fraud. She sent 9 wires from her bank. Is the bank responsible to reimburse her?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Generally, as long as, the bank customer voluntarily wired the funds, the financial institution / bank, would not be liable for any funds lost due to a scam in which customer was a victim and such scam should be reported to the local police and the local FBI office and the agencies will conduct criminal investigation.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know ifyou have any related follow up questions?If not, pleasepositively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.