Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

Harry is he real

Customer Question

***** ***** Jr I need to know if he is real or if he is hacking me online? Please need help he has my identity. I have everything blocked now. He keeps bothering me to send money over sea's to Africa. Says it's for his job. My name is ***** *****
Category: Fraud Examiner
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He has my identity said he wanted to help me and date me. But, not sure if he is real or not. He gave me his information on himself so I would feel better about all of it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have not received any answer back? I didn't know who to contact about it.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 10 months ago.
Hello, If someone you have never met in person wants you to wire money to him in Africa, he is a scammer. There is never any exception to that rule. Asking for money from someone you have never met and established a real-time, in-person relationship with is something a real internet suitor would never do. If this man has a job abroad, he's got an income. He can access his funds from anywhere in the world, or if there's a problem, his Embassy could help him get with that. There is no legitimate reason for him to need your money. Scammers create so-called emergencies as an excuse to steal your money. If you help him out here, there will be another one. If you have blocked him, then don't worry about what he sends you. Just delete it and don't take his phone messages. Report him online to the FBI at IC3.gov. If you're not sure that he's a scammer, you can reply to me here on this question thread and give me more information about him. You can upload pictures of him if you want and documents he has sent you here to this question thread as well. I'm already sure he's a scammer though, because he's asked you for money and what he's done conforms perfectly to the Stranded Traveler Scam. That's when a person you've met on line rushes you into a head spinningly fast romantic relationship but then claims he has to leave the country for work purposes. Once there, he gets stranded in a country not his own and asks for your money. Along with the money request, here are the other tell-tale signs:- the scammer reaches out to you on a dating or social networking website and he falls in love with you at first sight. His profile shows an attractive, well educated man with his own business and you can't believe your luck. If you/he is middle aged, he generally claims to be a widower with a son or a daughter.- He moves in on you faster than a speeding bullet and sweeps you off your feet, rushing the relationship towards some kind of a commitment. He pulls you off the site where you met and tells you that he wants an exclusive relationship with you via webcam, skype, Yahoo messenger, etc. He talks of love, marriage, future and forever.- He goes to or is in another country, not his own, for work purposes, usually, but not always as an engineer, a geologist, an architect or a construction or mining supervisor. He says that desperately wants to meet you as soon as he can. He may even refer to you as his wife or fiancee, though you've never met.- And as soon as he sees that you return his feelings, the conversation turns from love to money and he has the first of an endless series of unfortunate events. He has an accident at work or a problem with his credit card, a theft at his hotel, or he's mugged on the street and needs you to pay his hospital bill, or his son or daughter comes down with something serious for which he needs you to pay, or he has workers he must pay or legal expenses he must clear before he can see you or he gets arrested at customs.There are dozens of excuses, no one of them truthful. You can see a whole list of these excuses on this page.http://romancescams.org/TypesOfScams.htmlThe money requests generally start small, but if you send him any, the subsequent requests will be A LOT bigger. And bigger. And bigger.Despite the fact that when you first started talking to him, he claimed to be a successful, well educated, independent, self-reliant kind of guy, suddenly he changes his spots. And so he will ask you to wire money via Western Union or MoneyGram or by some other untraceable way that gives you no consumer protection, and will promise that he will pay you back when he shows up at your door. But there will always be one more emergency. And it will always cost you. And the day of his arrival will never come.