Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience

Helloi have got a email today that i dont understand why

Customer Question

i have got a email today that i dont understand why it have come to my email
here ie s the email:
Til Recipients I dag kl. 8.14 PM
U.S. Department of Justice ***** NW
Washington, DC###-##-####
INTERPOL is the world's largest international police organization,
with 190 ? member countries.
Our role is to enable police around the world to work together to make
the world a safer place. Our high-tech infrastructure of technical and
operational support helps meet the growing challenges of fighting
crime in the 21st century.
Urgent Attention
We have this morning discovered that you have been making foreign legal transactions with Western Unions, Money Grams, Diplomatic Agents and Banks with West African Countries (Benin, Nigeria, Ghana etc.). We went further with the investigations we found out that you don't have Money Laundering Clearance Certificate, which is a major Federal Offence. You have violated the World Federal Law, which constituted against smuggling of large amount of money and trafficking of drug e.t.c., without having Money Laundering Clearance Certificate before you commenced the transaction. You want to receive such huge amount of money from UPS DHL FEDEX WESTERN UNION AND MONEY GRAM HEAD Quater Benin Republic which is a foreign Delivery. Meanwhile we have stopped the Delivery, not only the ATM CARD was stopped but the total Transaction of the sum of
($10.2million dollars)
Furthermore, be advised that according to the World Wide Law Enforcement Agency together with the FBI rules and regulations, you
are to obtain the document from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Benin Republic which is the origin of the fund in question. Also Note that you are to take care of the documentation to be issued to you right away, because due to the content of the document and how importance and secured the document is, you are to take care of the document by sending them the sum of $99.00 US Dollars only to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Benin Republic for issuing of the document right away and your payment will be release to you. That is the only way the Economic and Financial Crime Commission Benin Republic will issue you the document, because they are going to issue you the Authentic and Original copy of the documents.
Note that your rights are limited; anything you SAY or DO will be used as evidence against you in the court of Law. You have the full rights to remain silent and obey the Law. Don't think we don't know you or your address. We will get you arrested if you fail to provide the document or pay for it to be obtained from Benin Republic. The Arrest Warrant can only be withdrawn once the document is obtained. There are three charges against you, which are:
1. Smuggling of a huge amount of money into your country without Money
Laundering Clearance Certificate is a violation to Federal Law. 2.
Smuggling of a huge amount of money into your country without a proper
documentation is a violation 2003 Federal Constitution, otherwise,
called illegal transaction. 3. it's a Conspiracy, a Criminal Attempt
and Disobedience to the Federal Law, which will eventually lead you to
5-year imprisonment.
You Should Send The Money Direct To The Country Of Origin Of The Fund
In Question:
Country: Benin Republic
State/City: Cotonou
Text Q.: info
Answer: Yes
Receiver Name: paul obi
Sender name: and MTCN is needed;
Once, you make the payment, attach and send to us the copy of the
payment slip for verification before sending it to the Economic
Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) Benin Republic.
WARNING: Failure to pay for this documentation is a confirmation that you wanted to smuggle the funds into the country which is a federal offense and a gross violation of the Patriot Act and legal action will be taken immediately by arresting and detaining you and if found guilty, you will be jailed As terrorism, drug trafficking and money laundering is a serious problem in our community today. The UNITED STATE INTERPOL world's largest international police organization will not stop at any length in tracing you down and prosecuting any criminal who indulge in this criminal act.
Sign:General Geoffrey S. Shank, head of the Central Investigation Bureau
UNITED STATE INTERPOL world's largest international police organization
interpol site
Supreme Court of United State
International Trade Court
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. This is a scam email - it is not legitimate in any way and has nothing to do with Interpol, FBI, or the Government. It basically alleges that you have done unlawful transactions and that as a result you are required to buy a certificate to allow you to make those transactions legitimately. This is all completely fictitious - there is no such certificate and you certainly do not have to pay anything. They are basically hoping that you would pay them what they request because you would be worried you have done something illegal but do not send any money and simply delete the email. Nothing will come out of this I can assure you. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.