Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

I HANE BEEN SCAMMED I KNOW I HAVE. NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER OF

Customer Question

I HANE BEEN SCAMMED I KNOW I HAVE. NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER
OF GETTING MY MONEY BACK.
BUT AN INSPECTOR ROAKE OF THE GHANA POLICE HAS TAKEN OVER THE CASE. HE TELLS THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM TO RELEASE THE CASH. CAN YOU TELL ME
IFTHIS INEPCTOR BOAKE
REALLY DOES EXIST OR IS IT AOTHER SCAM HE IS REQUESTING ANOTER 12,000.00 RELEASE MONEY TO GET MY 50,000.00 BACK!
I NEED TO KNOW JUST IN CASE IM RIPPED OFF AGAIN.
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. No, this is not genuine and it is a follow up scam. You are most likely dealing with the same scammers which defrauded you the first time round. A common thing is to try a follow-up scam where you are contacted by what appears to be a genuine and new third party, offering you a chance to recover some of the losses you have suffered in the original scam. They appear to offer you a light at the end of the tunnel, something which will allow you to recoup your losses. However, you guessed it – the obvious scam is that you are required to pay money again and many people do in the hope that they will get something back, yet end up losing even more. The police will never ask you for money to get you back money you have lost in a scam. This is very clearly just another scam and you must not send any money or deal with them any further! I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you