Ely, Consultant
Experience:  Attorney in law with focus on consumer protection
7286322

We received a phone call saying my husband had won $1,000,000

Customer Question

We received a phone call saying my husband had won $1,000,000 and we only have to send them $125. Is this legit?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. No, sorry, it is not. Consider the red flags: 1) If you do not remember entering, how could you win?2) No real lottery or sweepstakes will EVER, EVER, EVER ask you to send money in advance for the prize. This is a well-known "false lotto" scam. Please block their number and do not call them back. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!