Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075

Why do mechanics rip people out of there money when fixing

Customer Question

Why do mechanics rip people out of there money when fixing on Vehicles ?
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
Hi Courtney,Sounds like you must have had a bad experience with a mechanic when fixing your car. With any product or service the public wishes to have done, good and bad experiences happen with any service needed. There are of course good and bad mechanics as well as good and bad in any profession. Such is how our consumer lives are these days. Many of us do not know what is needed to fix our cars because they are so complex these days so we hope that we are getting the right service and not getting ripped off.There are though ways you can see about having a better experience in the future when requesting the service of a mechanic:1. Check with the Automobile Club in your area and see what mechanics get a good review from their organization. This can be from repairs to smog checks.2. Check the Better Business Bureau to see if a particular mechanic has a good rating.3. Look online for reviews from a mechanics website and how customers have been treated and if they would go back. Sites like Yelp can be helpful as going over reviews and seeing if there is a pattern of quality reviews that can give you the trust that the work will be done well and within budget.4. Ask neighbors and friends about mechanics that they use. I have found a few in my area from recommendations as I just had brakes done last week from a long time suggestion and been happy ever since with the work.
Expert:  Michael replied 9 months ago.
My hope is that this problem does not happen to you again. If you could take a moment to rate my assistance with your question so that I know my response was helpful and that will allow me to assist other customers such as yourself.Michael