Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Licensed Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney / former Law Enforcement Agent
26296561

My husband was obese when he qualified $70000 loan for

Customer Question

My husband was obese when he qualified for a $70000 loan for helicopter training back in 2004. He was never able to complete the training and we are stuck paying the $419 monthly payment for the next 11 years. We have already been paying for about 7 years. He didn't realize his weight would be a major issue with finding helicopter pilot jobs until after he quit the training due to family hardship (I needed him to get a regular job to support our family as I was exiting the military and my pay would be cut in half). I believe this may have been fraud or was "shady" in the least. Please advise....
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney. Unfortunately, it is always up to a student to make sure he would qualify for the employment after completing his/her education, including the physical requirement, so unfortunately, there would be generally not be any legal recourse against the school under similar circumstances. I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer. I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.