Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I ordered Madge from a doctor online never got my

Customer Question

I ordered Madge from a doctor online never got my prescription cost me $1000 their phone number is(###) ###-####addresses Dyer Lake New York 3690 the money goes to Cody Cummings Richmond VA The man who answers the phone is Alex that's a phone number that you have my phone number is(###) ###-####I don't have a card to give you guys for answers so I don't know what to do now so I love nobody can help me I guess I'm just screwed if I enter a card number and my gay guaranteed to get something done about it by the person that I give the money to you or are they just going to tell me how to get something done
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.

What do you mean when you say you ordered "Madge?" What is Madge?

How did you find out about this so-called doctor's office? Do they have a website and what is it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Meds and I went to a forum and they contacted me
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.

I'm suspecting that you were the victim of an online scam. Did you have a prescription for this medication from a doctor who actually saw you? Were these meds controlled substances? How did you pay for the medication?

Again, does this online pharmacy or doctor's office have a website??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was a controlled substance they provide the prescription and I don't know what the website is I gave you the phone number and the address where the building is located at
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was sent money gram
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is our conversation over because I didn't get much out of it and that's about it
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.

No, the conversation isn't over. I needed clarification to understand what your situation was because I had no idea what you were talking about in your original post about ordering "Madge."

Please be patient while I type up a response to your question, which I am doing now.

Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.

You've been scammed.

It is strictly illegal in this country to order a controlled substance through an online pharmacy unless you have a prescription from a physician who has seen you in person very recently. Also payment via Western Union or MoneyGram is a dead giveaway that your so-called doctor and/or pharmacy is a fake. It is a scammer's favorite way to fleece their victims in an advance fee fraud because payment is instantaneous, irreversible, and untraceable.

There are many, many illegal online pharmacies. Some will send you counterfeit pills. Others will take your money and disappear into thin air. Still others commit identity theft with your credit card, if that was your means of payment, or they will contact you pretending to be Federal agents and asking for money to prevent an arrest. If you get such a blackmail request, you can ignore it. Nobody is going to really come looking for you as a result of your order as long as you don't admit to it, which I'll get to below.

As to your money, it's gone. You don't know who or where these folks really are, and that means finding them is a job for law enforcement. But the only way you can report this to the police or to the FBI is if you do so through a lawyer. Otherwise, reporting them means you'd be admitting to having done something unlawful, so you could potentially wind up in trouble if you come forward by yourself and file a criminal report with your police.