Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Criminal attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I AM TALKING TO A MAN NAMED ANDREW DAVIDSON,HE SAYS HE FROM

Customer Question

I AM TALKING TO A MAN NAMED ANDREW DAVIDSON,HE SAYS HE FROM LONDON,ENGLAND,IN THE ARMY A MAJOR.IN SYERIA.HOW DO I FIND OUT IF HE IS A FAKE,
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Do you have a photo of him that you can upload to this question thread? Has he asked you for gifts or money?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
only have one on facebook,and Skype,dont no how to show you,sorry
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 9 months ago.
If he is saying that he is a British soldier, there are presently no British troops on the ground in Syria. So right away, he's lying to you. Typically military romance scammers capitalize on the fact that their victims probably don't know how the military works. They fall in love with you at warp speed, give you fake documentation and forged identification cards. They ask you for money to pay for their leave or their travel to see you. They claim they are in the field and don't have access to their money. All of this is nonsense and if he is asking you for gifts and money he is a scammer. There's just no exception. The British army warns of military scams here. Has he asked you to pay for his phone communication, or to wire money? Does he want you to arrange for his leave time or for his travel to see you? Does he say there's a sick son, daughter or other family member back in the UK who needs money for hospital care? Does he want you to receive a box of valuables that he claims to want to send you via courier? Has he sent you forms that say he's made you his next of kin? These are some, though certainly not all, of the tricks these military scammers play on their victims to try to get money, and if any of them are familiar, you want to walk away from this guy and report him to the authorities. Can you paste the link to his facebook website so that I can dig deeper?