Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with fraud examination experience
29905560

Crossland Pacific has offered to by my globequest timeshare

Customer Question

Crossland Pacific has offered to by my globequest timeshare membership that I purchased in Cabo. They will use group financial to hold money in escrow. I need to get a RFC# ***** the Mexican government and pay a fee. The fee is reimbersed by the purchaser and added into my proceeds. They assure me they are all registered with the California real estate board and that thus is not a scam. I saw on a gatekeeper website that it is a scam and cross land pacific tells me they are taking legal action to stop the website for defamation.
What do you think?
Rob Mallach
Category: Fraud Examiner
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is this the company you are referring to: http://www.crosslandpacific.com/
Well first of all they claim to be headquartered in CA and their address the website is there. However, when checking with the CA Secretary of State business database there is no business with that name registered to operate out of there. They are also not accredited by the BBB. Checking the Bureau of Real Estate, there is a Crossland Pacific entry on there but this appears to be an old company which no longer exists. The data clearly shows that tthese were the dates of operation: Crossland PacificACTIVE FROM 04/15/1999 TO 02/23/2004 Crossland Pacific RealtyACTIVE FROM 08/13/1992 TO 04/30/1996 So it appears that this is likely a scam using the old information of what used to be a real company, but which no longer actually operates. Finally, the website itself was created in November 2015 and registered to an anonymous party – it is very recent, so no real track record to judge them by, and it is unusual for a legitimate company to try and hide the ownership information of their website. All of the above, together with the fact you are being asked for payment in advance does not give me any confidence that this is genuine so I would strongly recommend that you do not proceed further with them. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you